Tuesday, April 08, 2008

How to have a great afternoon (Macy's Benefit/MAC Haul).

As predicted, I stopped by Macy's for a little R&R of the cosmetic persuasion yesterday afternoon after a doctor's appointment (Unrelated side note: Cytomel is awesome. End of note). My first stop is always the Benefit counter- I've been a dedicated Benefit Fan for 7 years and it's become second nature to stop there first ;)

As mentioned in a previous post, I wrote that Benefit would be coming out with new loose powder shadows, similar to Show Offs! that I've known and loved for so many years. Turns out the beloved Show Offs! will be laid to rest in Makeup Heaven and Lust Dusters will be taking it's place. But, don't cry! Because Lust Dusters are divine and worth every cent at $18.

The one shade that had caught my eye on the Sephora site was Punk Royalty, a "shimmery grape". I'm absolutely weak-in-the-knees for purples; so it was no surprise that the gal at the counter said it was the only shade to sell out so far. And again it wasn't a surprise when she pulled out the hidden tester and my breath was taken away, it was everything I wanted it to be- a gorgeous, shimmery, bright-deep grape purple. Needless to say, I put myself on the call list for when they get another shipment in ;) I played around with the other shades too. I'm not a fan of pastel shades, but Moon Doggie is one minty green I would make the exception for. I loved that these wore so well, I swatched these on my hand at the beginning of my visit and they stayed on my hand through the entire time I was at Macy's- no budge in color or shimmer. I haven't really compared it to Show Offs! (I need to dig it out of my stash), but I think there must be something in the texture that makes them different.

After playing around with random products and totally stumping the assistant (I was sitting there on the stool and she was showing me all these things that I already had. "Have it...oh, have it....nope, I have it!..." she finally said "GIRL, what DON'T you have?!?!"), I left with a Lust Dust in Nugget (this was the "taupe" shadow, but it isn't so taupe in person- more of a champagne-sand shade...and I'm a sucker for these too so it had to come home with me), a Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Flatter Me, and Miss Popularity Highlighter (she used this on my cheekbones and yum yum yum! Loved it!). And I hate that I always think of something I want after I leave and on my way home. I've been meaning to pick up the Big Beautiful Eyes palette for ages and always keep forgetting. Ah well, there's always next time.

After Benefit, I hopped over to MAC since it was in the middle of the afternoon and I was free to roam the counter with no congestion (the whole cosmetics area gets so crowded on the weekends- the main reason why I avoid going to Macy's at all on Saturday). I expected to leave with more, but only purchased two eye shadow singles in Shale and Twinks. Not a very heavy haul- but I left very satisfied!


I'm in the process of setting up an area for taking photos, it hasn't happened yet- but soon! And I'm also expecting an Avon/Mark haul this week. If you ask me what I got- I totally wouldn't remember- heh. I know I ordered some of the new face care products from Mark (including a primer!! A primer!! And under eye brightener! A brightener!) and I'm totally jazzed to try it out and report back here.


And now I must dash back to work, for I have this waiting for me:

Work, Work, Work.
(insert picture of face I posted yesterday)

4 comments:

the Muse said...

we want swatches we want swatches :)

hehe!

looking forward to your review on mark! i'm expecting a haul too shortly!

the primer sounds awesome!

Cheers ;)

*mwah*

Tanya said...

Awesome! I hope we both enjoy our hauls- he he :)

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I love shopping on a weekday afternoon...how lovely.

Tanya said...

Mary,
I know, there's nothing like roaming through an (almost) empty department store. I'd imagine that's what heaven is like ;)