Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bowling Beauty

Finally!!!! The time where is where beauty meets one of my favorite hobbies, bowling (I know, this sounds crazy). I am thrilled to share with you all this little tip I discovered (Actually, it was discovered by someone else...) Thursday night during my bowling league. I've mentioned a few times here on the blog that I am a pretty avid bowler. I've been bowling since I was 6 years old and take this game kind of (okay....really) seriously. Don't get me wrong, I have fun, but sometimes I can't shake off a spare that I miss or a...gutter *hangs head*.

Anyways, Thursday night I was at my league and my hand was in a terrible state for some reason. Bowlers have bad nights, sure, and usually some lane/ball adjustments fix that. But then, there are some things that you just can't fix instantly. For some reason my thumb, which is an essential, was really swollen. When I threw the ball, my thumb would get stuck and "pop" out when I released the ball- thus causing for a very nerve-wrecking "thump". If you are a bowler, you know what I mean.

I was in need of some (baby) powder to apply to my thumb, but my search came up negative. This was when my mother (who always tags along to talk to friends and still likes to act like a coach at times) said:

"Don't you have your compact with you?"
".....uh, yes?"
"Use that! Put some of your compact on your thumb!"

Seriously. What would the world do without moms? I gleefully dug out my Revlon Colorstay powder compact and liberally applied to my thumb. And guess what? It worked. It was my turn up and my stuck-thumb syndrome was cured!!! I do have to say though, if any of you actually use this trick, don't use so much ;) I went kind of heavy on the application and it was a little too slippery. I gently wiped some of it off and that fixed it. After that, I was throwing like a pro again (hehe, alright, maybe not a pro!)!!

This post probably had no relevance to most of you, but I was just so happy about this little tip I was too excited to share :)

No comments: