Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Taupe Tuesday! - Bare Escentuals Drama

First, I have to get something off my chest.

I don't like Bare Escentuals.

...well, that may be a stretch, really. I don't hate all Bare Escentuals. Just the foundation. Anything that goes on the face, really. I do admit that I'm a big fan of the Buxom Lip Glosses and, now, the eyeshadow...



Today's Taupe Tuesday features a Bare Escentuals shadow, Drama, from their "glimmer" line. Glimmers are supposedly the most shimmery/glittery shadows from BE, and are best used "foiled" (IE: wet). I admit I own a few BE shadows already, and, honestly, I don't reach for them often. Maybe it's because of the different finishes, but the texture of this shadow is nothing like them. It's smooth, blends wonderfully, and leaves some awesome shimmer. Be aware though, you'll need a good, sticky base to get the best use out of this shade, if you don't use it wet (or, her, foiled).



Call it whatever you want, call it gorgeous, call it super-awesome-in-a-jar, but this is a beautiful, complex shade. It's brown. It's kinda purplely. It's kinda bronzey. It even kinda flahses blue. I don't care, I know I'm probably bending the rules when it comes to taupe but, to me, this had to be included in Taupe Tuesday.


To end this entry on a totally different note, did anyone catch the premier episode of Glee?? WOW!!! As a former (and still at heart) band geek- I was totally excited for this show as soon as I heard it. No, I was never in choir, but for me this is the closest thing I'm ever going to get to a show about marching band. Really. Anyways, I seriously couldn't keep the smile off my face during the whole hour- I fell in love with all the characters, sang along to all the songs, and have never been so attached to a show like this before- and it hasn't even started yet!! I don't know how I'm ever going to make it until the Fall for the season to start! Okay, enough with my fangirling......for now.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the BE eyeshadows! They're great to convert to a liquid liner as well either by adding water or a mixing medium like She-laq!

Luv u, bb.
<3-Yvonne.

Maggie said...

wow, the color is gorgeous!

i've always loved this segment, taupe tuesdays, i can't seem to find the maybelline quads you talked about!

AskMeWhats said...

wow, I've never seen an e/s color this pretty!