Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Revlon Mineral Finishing Powder in Bright.

No review....just some pretty pictures....



I admit, this was just too pretty to leave on the shelf at Rite Aid. Besides, it was on sale. Many have called Revlon's Mineral Finishing Powder as another drugstore answer to MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish Blushes. Now, I've never owned one from MAC but I do say this is a mighty nice product for Revlon.



To use this as a "finishing powder" is certainly your prerogative, but I certainly wouldn't do it. To have this labeled as a finishing powder (and when I say that, I mean as an all-over powder) is kind of misleading, as this does leave a shimmery finish.



It's beautiful, no doubt about that. Probably only the palest of the pale would actually get it to show some color, but for a "normally" fair/light gal like me, it's just a highlight with not a lot of color pay-off. To be honest, I don't know how often I'll use it...I have a small thing for highlighters...but I'll still hang on to it...

2 comments:

Rae // theNotice said...

Eee! I've been waiting for one of my favourite bloggers to review/swatch this, and now, one has! Purdy =D Thank you!

(I have the NYC MSF dupe. It's slightly prettier in the pan imo, and cheaper, but it's all shimmer - this one looks a little more pigmented, and more of a sheen if that makes sense?)

I must find and swatch this for myself now ^^

stefanie said...

finishing powder?!? that seems extremely misleading!