Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Treat yourself to "A Little Bit of Glam"

Did you happen to miss out on a little drugstore frenzy called Show Stopping Taupes? Then I suggest you look into picking up A Little Bit Of Glam:



This is a new eye shadow quad from L'Oreal, which I find very similar to the now cult-status Show Stopping Taupes, and of course, it's limited edition. The collection (I can't recall the name) houses another warmer sister quad, a blush duo, nail polish, lip gloss and lipstick.



It features a pale golden yellow, a peachy pink, cool brown-toned taupe, and a dark brown with golden flecks.



The shadows have great pigmentation (I find that the LE products are better than their regular line for some reason) and had great shimmer without looking overly frosty. Like mentioned, this has a similar tune to Show Stopping Taupes, but think of it like if it went out and got a nice tan. Nevertheless, it's still gorgeous and even a fair gal like me can wear it.

Just for kicks, here it is side by side with SST, you can see swatches and a more in-depth blog entry here:



I picked up the quad at my local Longs Drugs for about $8. Should you pick this up? Yes. Should you pick this up even if you have SST? Yes! Should you pick this up even if you have a million neutral quads and your stash will explode if you buy another one? YES!!!!

5 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

girl! these are super pretty! The colors are wearable for everyday!

Unknown said...

Wow! those are lovely colors. I will search for it today.

Alyson @ The Gloss Menagerie said...

Sigh, I almost bought that and put it back. I suck. Now I want it. :\

Anonymous said...

I think it is better than SST - much more pigmented. Wish I hadn't given my SST away now...
Want to tell you that stumbling on your blog on a Taupe Tuesday was like divine inspiration! I am a Taupe Fanatic and was just going to purge the stash in a huge way before I realized "If I love them - keep them" partially thanks to you.

Anonymous said...

The colours looks absolutely gorgeous! I've seen it several times at a drugstore near me, but unfortunately it's way overpriced at $13 CAN. =(