Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Have you seen this polish?

I admit, one thing I am not really crazy about is nail polish. I like it. I buy it. I paint my toes with it. That's about it.

But...
But......
This nail polish is driving me into a searching frenzy:



A little back story:
This past weekend I traveled up to the Sacramento area with my lovely cousin Alex where she took her exam for her California State Board Cosmetology license (I went as her model). This happened on Monday, and it was quite an exhausting day. If you are unfamiliar with this exam, it takes about 4 hours (7 - noon. Unfortunately for my cousin, she had to be there at 5:45 in the morning), and only broken up by a 20 minute break (only enough time to have a Special K meal bar in the car). In both sessions, there are a set of "appointments", each worth a certain amount of points (I forgot how many points are needed to pass). Well, my cousin had to perform a manicure on me. It was only on one hand and done very quickly (but very well!!!!!).

It wasn't until we were driving home when we both noticed it was quite a nice shade of pink. It wasn't too bright. It wasn't too dark. It wasn't too pastel. It was like the Goldilocks of pink ("just right"). Neither of us noticed what brand it was. She was too busy, obviously, and I was too busy, er, being "modelish". All I know is that it was in a very generic bottle with a gray cap (Or, er...brush? See, I don't know much about nails, hahaha) and the lettering (whatever was left of it) was pretty much rubbed off.

Here are a couple more photos in the light:




Yes, it's been a couple of days so it is a bit worn out.
Also, I can tell the brand isn't the best quality since it chips and peels off easily.
And yes, I realize that my digits could look better. I do a lot of filing at work. Cut me some slack ;)

Now, I know there are quite a few of you out there who are savvy when it comes to nails.
Do you have any suggestions with the closest match to this mystery polish?
If not we're gonna get Ghostbusters up in here.

ps;
My cousin passed!!! She's very happy with her new Cosmetology license ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try Guilty Pleasures by Essie.

Tanya said...

Thank you, Gabby!

Gabby said...

p.s.
www.quirkyandcompany.blogspot.com