Monday, May 05, 2008

Manic Monday.



I didn't have enough time to prepare a post last night, so today will be a lovely text only post :)


Yesterday morning I had plans to rise early and head on out to Macy's specifically to check out Naughty Nauticles and pick up my mom's Mother's Day present. I got there a little early so I decided to go in search of the new Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow trios. I knew I had better bets finding them at a Walgreens, so I stopped at the new shiny Walgreens a few blocks away from the mall. Nada. They didn't even have WnW in the store! So it was back the opposite way a few blocks past the mall to the older Walgreens. Much to my surprise- they had 'em. And with even more luck on my side, Wet 'n' Wild is Buy One Get One Free this week! I also noticed some new collections from Revlon and L'Oreal. I left with my small stash (not before breaking my flip-flop by tripping on some uneven concrete...boy, was I having a heart attack. Good thing I keep an extra pair in my trunk!) and headed back to the mall.


I was still a little early, so I waited a few minutes ooh-ing and aah-ing over the trios (these are absolutely gorgeous) waiting for the doors to open. When 11:00 hit I hopped out of the car and made a beeline to the MAC counter, funny enough they were already busy on some customers (I thought I was early) to I decided to pick up my mom's gift. There was only one thing she wanted, her favorite perfume: Carolina Herrera 212. She uses this stuff everyday, and when I smell it, I think "Mom". So I bought her that and a bottle of accompanying body lotion, they even put it in a pretty red and black floral box.

Then- I headed back to MAC. The counter was eased up so I got help right away. I already knew what I wanted- but I needed to try stuff on first. The first thing on my list was Party Mate lipstick, I didn't expect it to be so...gritty? I didn't like it so I tried on Hey, Sailor lustureglass, the assistant really liked it on me. Then I tried Ahoy, There lipstick and fell in love again. I love sheers and this was a lovely sheer pink, just appropriate enough for everyday. This was my first glaze formula and now I'm a fan! The only eyeshadow that I've had my eye on was Illegal Cargo, and upon swatching knew it had to come home with me. So, my grand total was only 3 items- which is average since I hardly buy MAC (yes, it's true. I don't really own a lot of MAC. Only when a particular collections peaks my intrest).

My last cosmetic purchase from yesterday was at Target. I'm still on the look out for the Sonia Kashuk skunk brush and fell flat again on my search. Instead a gave a look at the actual line of cosmetics, which is something I haven't done for quite a while (back in the day I used her foundation and powder- if I remember correctly, I liked it). I came across an eyeshadow duo called Tongue In Cheek- a (surprise, surpruse) duo of a taupe-looking shade and a pretty champagne shade. I'm wearing it today and am very pleased with the level of shimmer, pigment, and so far, no creasing. I'm sure I have at least two other shades similar to both shadows in the duo- but I am weak! ;)

This week is also very special. It's my birthday week (It's on Thursday but I feel the need to make it a week-long celebration)!!! Other than going out to dinner with my parents on Thursday, I haven't decided what I'm going to do to celebrate with my friends (I've already had about 3 lunches/dinners to celebrate early with my family) this weekend. If not anything (hell, I may just spend the evening relaxing in a bubble bath) then something very low-key.

Hope everyone has a great day! Beat that "case of the Mondays"!

No comments: