Sunday, August 17, 2008

Jemma Kidd for Target: Shampoo, cotton balls, $18 shadow single...

If you've been keeping up with the beauty news, you've probably heard the rumors by now that Jemma Kidd Cosmetics will have a line exclusively for Target. Well, rumor no more! I was flipping through the latest issue of Lucky magazine when I came across the following advertisements scanned for your pleasure):







I'm kind of looking forward to this. I've read good things about Jemma Kidd, so it will be interesting to see how the Target line differs from the regular line (which is currently available on Bergdorf Goodman) in terms of quality. Will it be the same? Will it be better? Will they slack off just because it's Target? I really don't think that should be the case, but, eh. You never know. If you notice the prices you can see that it's...well, quite pricey. $18 for an eye shadow SINGLE. That's more than a MAC single! That's only $10 less than a Channel single!!!!! It's just weird that I'll be picking up (and I say that "I will" because I'll probably buy one to check one out. It will be inevitable) an eyeshadow single that costs more than my body wash and shampoo and cereal at Target, just think about it, folks.

Ahhh, anyways. And just for fun, here's a really cute ad for Benefit Posietint:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alls I gotta say is that the Jemma Kid better have testers for $18 dollars a pop.

I hope you are doing well!