Monday, July 21, 2008

Haulin' - Bath & Body Works Strikes Again + Others.

Bath and Body Works really means "Let's steal all of Tanya's money!"

Okay, maybe not exactly. This weekend I ventured to the mall (only to pay bills, mind you) and just happened to pass by B&BW. You all know what happened last time I was in there. Would I succumb to the pressure again?

You bet I did.

I guess the big Semi-Annual Sale is over, but my store still has all of Vincent Longo and Awake cosmetics on sale for 50% off, I assume until it's all gone (booo!). Stock on both brands is slowly dying down, but there's still lots to choose from. Here's what I came home with:


Awake Jewel Dazzle Eyeshadow Pallete in Black Pearl.
This baby was a steal! And it was the only one left! Original price is $36, but for half of that I had to get it. As you can see from my smudges, I already dove into it and swatched before taking photos :-* The shades are super shimmery, which I happen to love. The design is so pretty, it was almost hard to swatch it.


Awake Stardome Volumizing Lipgloss in Pearl Beige.
Surprisingly there was a good amount of lip products left for Awake. I decided to try something and came home with this. It says it's "volumizing" but I definitely don't see/feel it. It's like that with most volumizing products for me anyways, but I just love the color. Funny enough it's more pink than beige ;)


Vincent Longo Liquid Canvas Healthy Fluid Foundation.
This was the main reason I went in the store. I picked this up during my first haul just to try it out (and again, this baby retails for almost $50- for $25 I couldn't help but try it out. I'm always on a never-ending foundation hunt, so why not? I have been majorly impressed with this foundation. There are two finishes, a "Dew" finish and then this Sheer Matte finish. And that's exactly what it is- sheer matte. It's very light in texture without beeing too goopy, yet it gives excellent medium coverage (and still feels/looks like real skin without beeing masky). Most days I don't even have to wear concealer! And the best part is- it settles and dries fast to a beautiful matte finish. I usually pair this with my Mark Matte Chance lotion for great all-day results. Don't tell my wallet, but I want to go back this week to pick up another bottle ;)

Then it was to Target where I picked up the usual: body wash, mouth wash, toothpaste, undies (I have a sick habit of buying a new pack of undies when I go to Target), the newest movie release ("Penelope" with Christina Ricci) and...


Sonia Kashuk's Perfectly Neutral Eyeshadow Palette.
I had seen this many times at the store, but it's one of those items I had intentions of buying- but never did. I finally saw it again on Nanzy's blog and caved and purchased this time. I haven't used it yet, but this looks like it could be my new best friend.


Opened. The first shade on the top row and the bottom two shades are matte, the rest are shimmer. The pan on the far right is a base (can't wait to try this out!).

AND I WAS SO HAPPY TO FINALLY FIND.......


THE ELUSIVE BLUE PEEP SPONGE!!!!!!!!!!!

It is mine! This and the skunk brush are my two "unicorns". Meaning I keep reading about them, I see pictures of them, but I've never seen them myself. The brush is still missing in action, but I literally yelped with glee when I saw this! Even my mom looked at me funny (and she should be used to this by now, haha). This is the "dupe" for the Beauty Blender Sponge, and for only at a fraction of the price (The Peep retails for $9.99). I haven't used it yet, but it's going to be hard when I do. It's just so cute I want to give it a name...


That's it for now. I'm at work (as I usually am when I update) and there's that usual Manic Monday crazyness going on, topped off with a stack of paperwork to go through....is it 5 yet?

6 comments:

Shizznizzle said...

Hey Tanya...yay yay you found the brush & blue sponge!!! AND YOU BOUGHT THE PALETTE!!! hahaha let us know how you like them, k?

awesome haul!!

*Jen* said...

Great purchases Tanya! I love the Awake palette and the sponge-can't wait to hear what you think of them! :)

Tanya said...

Hullo, Nanzy!

Thanks for fueling this lemming, heh! ;D I'll make sure to post a little review!

Tanya said...

Hi, Jen!

Guh- I know, the Awake palette was really just too pretty not to take home ;)

Unknown said...

nice haul! let us know how the sponge works out? That SK pallete is lovely, how is the pigment?

Tanya said...

Hi, T!
I'm so bad- I keep forgetting to use the sponge in the morning when I'm getting ready! I used the pallete today and the pigment is mixed. The darker matte shades are nicely pigmented, and the shimmery shades are so-so. Not super pigmented but buildable. It's definitely a for-work palette.