Sunday, October 18, 2009

Back In The Saddle Again.

Hello, everyone!!!! I'm back from my two-week adventure/vacation and I have a ton of things to update, I'm so excited to be back home!!!

First, some details/photos from my vacation (then the beauty stuff!). If I were to sum up my vacation in 5 words or less, it would be National Lampoon. Seriously, you remember the Vacation movies with Chevy Chase? Well, my family would rival the Griswolds. They can be kind of kooky at times, but I love 'em!! We spent a few days in Louisiana visiting my uncle first. They live about 45 minutes from New Orleans- so we were there quite a bit. I went to Bourbon Street at night with my cousins and....it was interesting ;) Quite different from the next day when I went with my whole family (including the kiddies). We ate. And ate. And ATE. The food is amazing, and the 5 pounds I came home with proves that ;)

Then we went back to Texas to San Antonio. The family reunion was amazing- probably close to 400 people showed up (and that wasn't everyone, either). There was more food, a lot of memories and pictures, and lots of dancing. We didn't wrap up until midnight! It was so much fun, they're hoping to have another (bigger!) one in a couple of years. We rented a house about 10 minutes from downtown, so again we spent a lot of the time seeing the sights. I had an amazing time!! Here are a few (of the almost 700 I took) pictures............


Here's a not-so-glam photo of yours truly as we came into Texas (you can see a big star on the ground behind me, this was taken at a rest stop/welcome center). Because even beauty bloggers look bad after 24 hours on the road. And maybe I wanted to show off my spiffy Glee shirt too :)


Some beautiful architecture in New Orleans.


Beignets at the famous Cafe Du Monde.


Inside a voodoo shop on Bourbon Street.


This, my friends, is a pizza......at 42 inch pizza. Take a minute to let that sink in. 42. Inches. Taken at Big Lou's Pizza in San Antonio.


Inside the Hard Rock Cafe on the River Walk in San Antonio.


The River Walk. It was a cold and rainy day- so we didn't get to take a boat ride. Maybe next time!

Now.....for the beauty swag I came home with.........


First, the fabled Opulent Cloud from Sally Hansen. I needed to do my nails and didn't pack anything with me. So a quick trip to Rite Aid while I was in Louisiana lead me to this, after I had been searching all over for it at home!!!


Also at Rite Aid, a beautiful set of mini polishes from Borghese.


Then while I was at Texas, we made numerous stops to the HEB (I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS STORE), I came across the new L'Oreal mascara AKA the Medieval Torture Device.


At a Walgreens in San Antonio, I found a new Rimmel mascara. I don't know why I force myself to buy new Rimmel mascaras when non have ever really won me over...but I do it all for you guys! ;D


My only real splurge, and my first Guerlain item- Oriental Metal Khol Liner.


This is worth every penny, and as a taupe lover, you would expect that from me. I got this at Saks (my first time in one, too!) and the guy at the counter was a total sweetheart.

I also kind of went a little crazy and came home with a nice-sized Lush haul as well. The gal there was awesome and we had same tastes in a lot of products. I was there for a good 40 minutes trying not to purchase everything (I don't have a Lush in my area, the nearest stores are a good 3-4 hours away from me). I got Rock Star and Sea Vegtable soaps, Snow Fairy shower gel, some Tea Tree Tabs, and stocked up with a big bottle of Veganeese conditioner. No pictures, obviously, because everything is in my shower!!

I'm still unpacking and trying to get back to my time zone (that 2-hour difference really messed with me)- I hope to be back to normal within a week :)

8 comments:

ashnickers said...

So GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!! I can't wait to hear about your L'oreal telescopic mascara ... I wanna pick it up but since I already have several in use and many more waiting to be opened, I haven't bought it yet. Seriously though, I have been looking through your past blogs b/c I've missed your postings so much ... sounds stalkerish but I mean it with beauty love :)

Miss Molly said...

I love your Glee t-shirt! Where did you find it?
I got Opulent Cloud in the mail 2 weeks ago with no information or return address or anything. I think I may have won it from Glamour.com, but I'm not sure.

Tanya said...

@ ashnickers - Thank you for the welcome back!! Haha, don't worry, I don't think that sounds stalkerish at all- I do that all the time with my favorite blogs :)

@ Miss Molly - The Glee shirt was actually free!! I got it by purchasing the Director's Cut Pilot Episode DVD at Wal Mart, they should still have it- it was only $5! There's a card inside that directs you to a website, you enter in your code from the card and your information and you get a free shirt- pretty simple :) It's a really nice shirt, very soft and comfy but only comes in a Large.

Okay...longest reply ever ;) That's awesome that you got Opulent Cloud in the mail!! You're lucky- these tricky SH polishes are hard to find sometimes!

Anonymous said...

TEXAS <3<3<3

wow - 400+ people in your fam??? and I thought I have a big family!

Miss Molly said...

Thank you, Tanya! I've got to say, I love the Opulent Cloud. It lasted a really long time on me.

G. said...

Welcome back, girlie! We missed you! What a fun trip you had, and what a most excellent haul! So jealous about that SH polish. I posted a pic of the display on my blog a little while ago and of COURSE that color was already sold out by the time I spotted the collection at my Rite-Aid. :(

Lali Amora Beauty Blog said...

Hey girlie welcome back :)

I'm glad you visited the Saks, I love this store, everytime I buy something there they give me a huge bag with one of those freebie totes with lots of samples. I think that guy you are talking about is the one that helps me, yes he's a sweetheart. lol

So glad u had fun, yes HEB's are awesome, I try to go every weekend to the PLUS...Have u been? It's fun, lol

academic writing paper said...

sorry for offtopic, but - DID YOU SEE THIS GIANT PIZZA?!?!?! amazing, I want the same one!