Saturday, June 06, 2009

NOTD: Hot Topic Unnamed Gray.

I have this thing for gray nail polish.



To me, it's an unexpected color. Most people don't expect one to paint their nails gray. I totally dig it, it's just something different without it being a "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M WEARING NAIL POLISH!!!!!!!" shade.

I picked this up at the good ol' Hot Topic for a measly buck. Yes, a buck. For some reason this rang up at 98 cents, while the other shades on the display had tags on them for $2.99. Oh well, I didn't complain! I happily handed over my dollar and left with my little bag of gray goodness (and 2 cents back change).

I have to say this was a HUGE pain in the arse to apply. The formula is very very thick and heavy. The brush doesn't help much either, way too big and moppy. I, however, being the trooper that I am, applied this diligently and swiftly, just trying to get it over with. It was a messy scene (as you can tell from the picture), because the formula was so thick, it was pain to clean up too. I usually take a slanted art brush dipped in acetone to clean up the edges. But, with this polish, the color just spread everywhere on my skin (ps; I realize it's a very messy clean-up job! Again, it was terribly difficult to clean around the edges!).

However the bad points, I really like the shade. It's a dark gray with blue undertones that just seem to be appropriate with this unexpected string of June showers here in my area of California.........

2 comments:

Ai said...

ooohhH! the color is so nice i think! you're right, it's out of ordinary.. maybe they have different brands for this color?

AskMeWhats said...

that is the grey color that I really like in a polish, I bought one but it's quite light :)