Sunday, October 19, 2008

When A Young Girl's Fancy Turns To Gel Eyeliner...

It's happened! It's finally happened!
After years of being a pencil-only girl, my life has been rocked by gel eyeliner. It was just recently I revealed my love for a certain liquid liner, and now I've finally taken the next leap.

So, which product is making me sing from the mountain tops?

That would be Jane Be Pure Mineral Gel Eyeliner

What makes this stuff so fantastic? Other than being a totally affordable product if you happen to be on a budget ($6, give or take a buck depending on your area and/ore store), but it's just honestly a fantastic product that delivers top-notch results.


These little pots come in 4 shades: Navy (a straight up dark navy blue, a little shimmer), Wine (a gorgeous plummy purple with a bit of shimmer), Black (just...black!) and Dark Brown (the perfect dark brown with no red tones whatsoever). Um, and yes, the above photo features the liners in used (very used) form.



I can honestly say I don't have a bad thing to say about these. Other than they should come out with more colors ;) Each liner is smooth, just the perfect consistency. Black is the "hardest" but after some more use I think it will be better. Even though each pot is .17 oz, and that might not seem like a lot, you don't need to use a lot of product when you use it. Dark brown is my absolute favorite of the bunch, I've found myself using it almost every day since I've purchased them. They also don't smudge, they don't flake, and they don't have any smell...just incase that may bother you.

Using Dark Brown.

Using Wine.

Yes, this stuff wears like iron. These easily withstand an 8+ hour day at work and well beyond that. I have somewhat sensitive eyes (allergies, atchoo!) and these didn't bother me at all. Oh, can we talk about the little brush that comes with each liner? I forgot to take a photo of it, but let me tell you, it works- don't throw it out!!!!!! Most people have a tendency (me included) to toss whatever brush a make up item comes with. Whether it be a sponge applicator or a flimsy blush brush- however- the little brush that accompanies each pot of liner works very very well. I've been using those so far (in the above photos, the little liner brush was used to apply the liner) with no problem. Although, over this weekend I did invest in a new liner brush- Sonia Kashuk's Bent Eyeliner Brush for about $5 at Target. I played around with it and it's fantastic, a must buy if you use gel liner!!! To line my lower lashes, I've been using Mark. Eyeliner Brush and does the job just fine (this brush, in general, is my favorite liner brush when using powder eyeshadow).

Bottom line, this is a well-made, affordable product with superb results and use. This is great for someone who doesn't have a lot of experience with gel/cream liner (like, myself) because it's so inexpensive AND it comes with a brush! Again, these retail for around $6, depending on where you are at. Have you tried these yet? Let me know your thoughts!

Well, I know posts have been on the slow side lately. I apologize, I really do. Once again some health issues have arose and I've been trying to take care of that. I know you understand and appreciate your comments and patience :) Today while bumming it around the house, I decided to start something my procrastinating booty has long put off: making a spreadsheet of my stash. I know some of you are thinking "WHY?! That seems like too much work!" Funny enough, I love spreadsheets. Even though I'm looking at one 80% of the time at work, I knew I had to make one (sooner or later) for my makeup stash. I lag when it comes to physically organizing it, so I thought I might as well start somewhere. Here's what I have so far:



Right now I've almost gone through my single eyeshadows (both pressed and loose). I've started sheets for the other areas of my stash- who knows when it will all be done. I plan to catalog and organize/clean/purge all at the same time. I discovered some stuff I totally forgot I had! I'm sure you all have been through that at one point or another. It's a work in progress! I'll make sure to give an update on that at a later time.

Have an excellent week! :D

8 comments:

Starry x2 night said...

That's a great idea, with the spreadsheet. You seem like a really organized person!

Ooh, ooh! Aren't the Jane eyeliners great? I only have one myself (dark brown) but I definitely agree with everything you said here!

Kimberly said...

WOW - you are BEYOND organized!

and JANE eyeliners .. thank for the review, I always look at them when I'm at Target -- or walgreen and sit on the fence about the purchase, but your entry inspires me to "try" ^_^

Vanessa M. said...

hehe oh no id die making a spread sheet lol but yay! i love jane liners too!!

Lisa G said...

Thanks for the great review--I know what I'll be buying at Walgreens this week!! The brown sounds just PERFECT for me.

paperdollrevenge said...

Wow, I never thought about trying gel eyeliner...it seems I only just got comfortable with liquid liner, hehe.

And as for the spreadsheet...why didn't I think of that?! Great way to organize and keep track of your makeup inventory...thanks for sharing!

P.S. I love your header image!

Sofia said...

very good review I had no idea JANE had gel eyeliners, i must try

thanx for the awesome review :D

miemiemie said...

my target doesn't carry jane :(

The App Goddess said...

I'm waiting for another BOGO to try these. Great review.

I just saw the i-Sparkle line from Wet and Wild at Walgreens. I'm gonna BOGO that too:)